Tuesday, February 9, 2010

E-'Governance' comes of age

Before two years, when I searched for phone numbers for government offices on the internet, there used to be no results.

But this time, I had complete information about how to go about obtaining my marriage certificate. I could search for process of registration, then fine tune it with the law for AP and then search it further to find the sub registrar office in which I fall into. Whats more, I got the phone number of the office and I was very happy to have that received in a good manner by a person who more than answered my queries.

Thanks to the internet, google and Chandrababu Naidu all others who have worked to make this information easily accessible and reduced the pain of delivering government services. It can only become better from now.