Friday, January 2, 2009

2008...2009

A new year has come... Time for reflecting on the year gone and to think of the happy moments which are etched in our hearts, time to think of the lessons the past year has taught us and to go ahead and to realise our destiny.

2008 has been a great year because I learnt a lot of things regarding character, ethics, morals and relationships. Relations help us correct our flaws and become more loving, giving and stronger being. I dont think we can learn about these things any other way than through living through them.

The world has also had its share of disasters like the financial crisis and the Mumbai bombings and happy moments like Obama being selected as the president of United States.

Looking forward to 2009, I am hopeful my learning will continue, I will become a more conscious, loving and courageous being in 2009. My focus for this year will be 'being in the flow' or living in the present, which roughly translates to doing whatever I am doing in the best way possible.

I want to end this post with this prayer

Asatoma satgamaya,
Thamsoma Jyotirgamaya,
Mrutyorma Amrutam gamaya..
Om shanthi shanthi shanthi hi...

Wish you a happy new year 2009.. :)

2 comments:

  1. 'I learnt a lot of things regarding character, ethics, morals and relationships' - I did learn a lot of stuff about Decisions as well. I learnt that decisions delayed are as bad as wrong decisions. Not doing the right thing is just the same as doing the bad thing.

    On a lighter note, didnt know you were an Obama supporter.. :-)

    I would like to leave the Serenity Prayer -

    God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we feel that we are doing good thing by not deciding and keep things open, but it is often the otherwise.

    Ya I followed the Obama campaign closely.. and his speeches inspire me..

    Great prayer.. Hope we get the wisdom to know the difference.

    ReplyDelete

Comments