Sunday, January 11, 2009

Recommended Reading

I am an avid reader as I have proclaimed it on the blog many many times.. But my reading has been shifting from more of a  fiction, romantic and sci-fi kind of books to current, social and non-fiction books. Its not that fiction is not interesting now but it doesn't feel worth it.  The fiction books I have read last year are just three - Unaccustomed Earth - Jhumpa Lahiri, Three mistakes of My life - Chetan bhagat and The namesake - Jhumpa Lahiri... 

The change is kind of large in the sense that I used to stay awake all night to complete novels of Sidney Sheldon, John Grisham and Dan Brown when in college.. These days I am more interested in reading non-fiction books and blogs.  OK ..enough of rambling about me. 

I actually wanted to share few things worth reading.. Check out books of your interest from  changethis.com
And if you are free and really want some food for thought checkout Paul Graham's Essays


Each one is a classic in its own way but I love the one on  reducing economic inequality. 

And who knows you might also start reading his book 'Hackers and Painters'


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments