Thursday, January 2, 2020

Year of Focus - Update

Last year my main goal was to work with focus. Though I cannot say I have achieved it 100% of the time, having that goal helped. I was able to work with focus when I was intentional about the work I wanted to do.

I also found that the Deep Work Manual helped a lot in maintaining the focus. I also found out ways I can overcome getting distracted. This is still though a work in progress. The top things that helped me stay focussed were

1. Being intentional about what I  do
2. Periodic check-ins to see what I focused on
3. Eliminating distractions in the environment as much as possible.
4. Ritualizing and having strict rules about using the internet
5. Recommitting every time I slip out of focus
6. Performing regular self-care maintenance - sleep, water, exercise, and meditation

I built up a focus routine that I can enter into whenever I can create the intention for focus.
This year, I will improve further by starting every task with intention.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments